Mana in Mahi
Looking for entry-level staff and able to offer training?
WECA has secured a contract with MSD to provide a service to WECA members to help them find suitable currently unemployed young people to take on Government subsidised workers, and provide follow up support for 12 months. There are 10 placement opportunities up for grabs (actually just 8 now as one WECA company has offered 2 placements).
Be quick and contact Mary Jensen to discuss your opportunity further – email@example.com or 021 2955951.
Mana in Mahi Facts
• Must offer at least 30 hours per week for at least 12 months at at least the adult minimum wage, plus further training opportunities.
• Receive $9750.00 subsidy payment (paid in two lump sums of $4875.00) from MSD
• Up to $2000.00 for pre-employment training or on-the-job training
• Up to $1000.00 for work readiness costs e.g. driver licensing, or any license specific to the business or industry, e.g. site safe.
• Will be at least 3 months unemployed/on main benefit and 18 – 24 years of age
• Receive assistance with transitioning to work (e.g. equipment, transport such as assistance to purchase a bike or petrol or bus fare for the first week.)
• Work on a plan with employers to receive incentive payments (supplied by MSD) of up to $1000 on 91 days, 182 days and 365 days (total up to $3000) of continuous employment
• Finds up to 10 placement opportunities
• Identifies employer needs and “workplace buddy”
• Leads screening process
• Sets up interviews to select successful candidate(s) and briefs employer and buddy
• Provides pastoral care for employee
• Is a point of contact for the employer
• Conducts regular visits
• Collates feedback